CRJ Designer Homes is a locally owned, family operated building company. Since being established in 2006, Michael and his wife Gillian have made it their goal to build quality homes at exceptional prices, with inclusions that most would consider as an extra!
Understanding the Building Process - Handover & Moving In
When it comes to understanding the building process, it can be overwhelming trying to understand the processes and language that is often used in the industry. Read on to gain an understanding of the terms used and processes followed during the handover and move-in stage of building a new home.
The handover takes place when all aspects of the building process have been completed. The tradesmen are finished and your home has been through a thorough clean ensuring everything sparkles! At this point, you will be invited to attend a final walk-through inspection of your home. This will provide you with the opportunity to thoroughly inspect our work and ask any questions and/or discuss any items which need to be addressed before you move in. It's a great idea to take your camera and notebook, to go through all the rooms. This will allow you to easily communicate the key items that may need attention. If you chose the correct home builder they will appreciate your attention to detail and will allow them to finalise the handover for you quickly.
Once you are happy and all final payments have been made, you will be presented with the keys and you are welcome to move in and begin to enjoy the lifestyle you dreamed about when you made your decision to build a new home with us.
We know that you will want to take care of our new home and keep it in tip-top condition over the years so we will provide you with a neatly sorted owner's manual containing all of the information and warranty details you will need to help avoid any unnecessary maintenance.
A good owner’s manual will typically include:
- User manuals or operating guides of key appliances
- Key invoices and suppliers used for warranty needs
- Cleaning guides for unique products, surfaces and finishes installed to your home
- Type of termite barrier installed, inspected date schedule and contact details
- Map of key irrigation pipes (if installed). Important for future landscaping needs, so you don't hit underground pipes.
- Hot water system details and recommended service and replacement dates
- Recommended painting intervals, especially for stained wood
- List of paint colours used internally and externally
- Electrical and cable layout plan for easy reference later. This is especially handy if or when you want to add more lights or media items to your home.
- Builder contact details for follow up checks and support
Get your free build assessment
Fill out our assessment request telling us what you're after in your new home & we'll provide you with a full home build & cost estimate.