CRJ Designer Homes is a locally owned, family operated building company. Since being established in 2006, Michael and his wife Gillian have made it their goal to build quality homes at exceptional prices, with inclusions that most would consider as an extra!
Land for Sale Bundaberg: Best Places to Buy
In recent years, Bundaberg has had a lot of growth both in family home sales and also for its investment potential. Known for its rich history, beautiful beaches, and idyllic lifestyle, it's no surprise that more and more people are considering this Queensland destination as the ideal place to buy land and build a home.
As custom home builders, we’ve created house plans and built homes for clients all over the Bundaberg region. But we also notice the trends in the areas that are becoming popular and are desirable places to buy land and live in. And here, land near the coast and the beach is particularly popular.
Our Local Real Estate Agent’s Perspective
We asked one of our local real estate agents what she thinks are the areas gaining momentum around Bundaberg. Places that are good to buy land in now and with a good return on investment further down the line.
Elisa Mayberry from First National Bundaberg told us the following:
We believe investing in land in Burnett Heads and Bargara are the most promising Bundaberg locales for return on investment in 2023. The allure of Burnett Heads' Gateway Marina development, coupled with its convenient proximity to Bundaberg. Meanwhile, in Bargara, the surging popularity of this coastal gem has propelled its land prices skyward, underscoring the remarkable returns on investment it offers. With both locales in such close proximity to Bundaberg, these coastal havens have emerged as the best suburbs in Bundaberg to invest in land.
Let’s look at these areas further.
Burnett Heads: A Boater's Paradise
Located just a short drive from Bundaberg, Burnett Heads offers a perfect blend of laid-back coastal living and development potential. It's a perfect locale for boating enthusiasts, with the Gateway Marina development serving as a significant point of interest.
This area is a spot that caters to boaters, offering a range of amenities including slips, boat ramps, and local restaurants. As a plus, the real estate market here has been gaining traction, making it a prime location for those looking for a promising return on investment.
Why Burnett Heads?
- Close to Bundaberg: A short drive to the main city allows for easy access to amenities while still maintaining a secluded coastal lifestyle.
- Marina and boat storage: The marina complex that serves as a significant draw for boating aficionados.
- Rising Property Values: Steady capital growth promises good returns for investors.
- Space for the family: There has been council investment into local playgrounds and outdoor spaces
- Close access to nature: coastal walks, oceanfront views and small beaches
Burnett Heads is one of the least built-up coastal areas around Bundaberg. It is a quieter area with more space. If you are looking for a quieter area with less tourists but still close to the water, this is worth a look.
Bargara: A Coastal Gem with Growing Popularity
Bargara has long been known for its stunning waterfront, but in recent years, its popularity has exploded, turning this once-hidden gem into a hotbed for investment. The area is home to a variety of shops, cafes, playgrounds, and restaurants, all set against the backdrop of picturesque beaches.
- Rapidly growing popularity: Tourism and local interest have led to surging land prices, promising excellent ROI for investors.
- Bustling but not over-developed waterfront: A well-developed area with numerous dining and shopping options that attract both tourists and locals alike.
- Family-friendly: Playgrounds and other family amenities make it an ideal location for families.
- Great beaches: A variety of different types of beaches are on offer here for swimming or a variety of watersports.
- Shopping centre: Bargara has the largest shopping area with major supermarkets among all the beach suburbs.
Rental Market & Retiree Haven
Both Burnett Heads and Bargara, along with much of Queensland, have been experiencing increased demand in the rental market. But these areas, with their beauty, won’t diminish in rental demand.
The amenities and lifestyle they offer have also attracted a significant number of retirees, further boosting the demand for land and property in these areas.
Both locales have state primary schools, offering educational opportunities for young families. For teenagers, high schools in Bundaberg are easily accessible, making these suburbs well-rounded in terms of educational facilities.
If you're thinking about investing in land in Bundaberg, Burnett Heads and Bargara should be at the top of your list. Their proximity to Bundaberg, coupled with their individual attractions—be it boating in Burnett Heads or the bustling waterfront in Bargara—makes them compelling investment opportunities.
Get your free build assessment
Fill out our assessment request telling us what you're after in your new home & we'll provide you with a full home build & cost estimate.